An Inconvenient Truth about Selling Your Home
Truth is few things are more inconvenient than having your home on the market.
Imagine a bad reality show, where you are forced to live in Macy’s window for weeks on end. Your personal items, your life, constantly exposed to strangers and their criticisms – with no end in sight.
- Are you willing to detach yourself emotionally from this home and view it as a product or commodity?
- Are you willing to let go of your personal style and decorate to appeal to the widest variety of buyers?
- Are you willing to pack up anything you won’t need for the next few months – even if it includes children’s toys, personal photos and keepsakes?
- Are you willing to eliminate or hide TVs, computers or other electronic devices?
- Are you willing to send your pets away when the home is being shown? Are you willing to furnish an unfurnished home so that it is warm, inviting, and spacious?
- Are you willing to clean like you’ve never cleaned before?
- Are you willing to establish a budget of no more than 3% of the price of the home for repairs, upgrades and updates?