Saturday, October 9, 2010

Services Center

A Spirit of Volunteering

Church volunteers share their time, efforts and talent to welcome a new pastor to her first house.

A new pastor triggers a whole house update. To save money, volunteers sand, prime, paint and clean this 2500 square foot 1930s Cape. Below is just one example of this miracle makeover.

I am flattered when asked to help pick paint colors for this renovation. To better understand the demands I make of my home staging clients I join the painting crew. A great learning experience and feeling of accomplishment and community.

Looking from a home staging perspective, I could see the potential in this house, but also knew it would take a lot of work. And, I was reminded once again, that sometimes a little paint, some planning, and a thorough cleaning are all it takes to make a house a home.

A consistent neutral paint color, removal of worn carpeting, and refinished hardwood floors, turn this entry from bland to grand.


(Click images to enlarge)



No comments:

Post a Comment