Five reasons furnished homes are more appealing and sell faster than vacant homes.
Builders do it and so should you. Furnish and stage a vacant home, that is. And why do they? Here are five reasons.
- Furnishing a vacant home hides minor flaws while showcasing a home’s best features. No home – not even new construction – is ever perfect. Staging distracts the home buyers from minor cosmetic flaws and imperfections.
- Vacant homes appear smaller because they lack perspective. Placing representative pieces of furniture in a room allows home buyers to imagine how – and if – their own furniture will fit.
- Furnished homes are inviting and warm. It may sound corny, but your goal is to create a love connection between your buyer and your home. Buyers will purchase the home they love.
- Furniture gives each space a purpose and helps sell a lifestyle. Defining each room with furniture and accessories quickly lets buyers picture themselves living in this space.
- Vacant homes broadcast a message that the home owners have moved and are desperate to sell. Don’t give home buyers any reason to ask for money off on the sale. An investment in rental furnishings and accessories will be returned at closing.